Sunday, June 5, 2011

home

I'm home!

*end of post.*

Seriously, that's all I have to say.

I'm at home with my family (well, my mom and dad; my brother decided, rather spur-of-the-moment-y, to climb Mount Rainier, so he won't be home for another couple days).  It's been nice and sunny here in Montana for the past couple days, so we've been going on bike rides (11 miles yesterday; 7 or 8 miles today), gardening (4 tomato plants and 4 cucumber plants in today, lots of flowers and herbs planned for tomorrow), unpacking (ha-ha. so far, this involves upending my suitcase and staring distraught at the resulting chaos), relaxing, reading, making & slowly enjoying coffee, sharing stories... it's been a wonderful few days.

Oh, and I'm also working on my jetlag.  The only round-trip ticket I could find under $1000 for Bozeman-Palma-Bozeman included 5 layovers on the return trip, including two 7-hour ones in Philadelphia and Kansas City.  When the tornado(es?) wiped out all or part of the Kansas City airport (I didn't follow much US news while abroad), they re-routed me and gave me one fewer layover, but with the new schedule I had to spend the night in Denver.  Since I knew I wasn't going to sleep well anyway, I didn't go to a hotel, and instead camped out until I could check in to my flight at 4am.  I finally got home at about 11am on Friday, June 3rd, after about 36 hours of travel.  It's good to be back!

I start my job in Grand Teton National Park in June 13th, and I plan to blog throughout the summer, albeit more sporadically.  Thanks for following me through my Spanish adventures.  ¡Os mando abrazos de oso a todos!

No comments:

Post a Comment